Biohazard Restoration Services
Sewage Back Up
Waste Hazards include E-Coli
Biohazard incidents involving contaminated water, sewage backflows, trapped humidity and mould growth can severely compromise the safety of a residential or commercial property. Proper biohazard remediation requires extensive decontamination, specialised cleaning, and strict protocols to restore indoor environments to a liveable condition. As certified restoration specialists, we utilise professional-grade methods to fully remediate biohazard damage while protecting the health of workers and building occupants. Our services are tailored for homeowners, property managers, contractors and insurance agencies.
Causes of Biohazards
Common sources of hazardous biological contamination include:
- Sewage backflows which contaminate surfaces with faecal bacteria, viruses, parasites and other pathogens. Sewage water causes rapid spread of contamination.
- Flood waters contain high levels of microbial and chemical pollutants from pesticides, oils, and waste materials. Flood residue lingers on many porous surfaces.
- Large aquariums or water features can release hundreds of litres of stagnant water rich in bacteria, fungi and nitrates if they crack or overflow.
- Unattended pet urine and faeces provides abundant food for mould and bacteria growth which produces harmful allergens and toxins.
- Firefighting water is contaminated with toxic chemicals, oils, and waste picked up from the ground. Fire hose residue is also septic and sooty.
Our biohazard restoration process focuses on complete contaminant removal:
- Initial site inspection detects sources of contamination. Samples are taken for lab analysis to identify specific biological agents and health risks.
- Containment seals off affected areas to prevent spread of pollutants. HEPA air scrubbers filter particulates.
- Gross removal eliminates biohazard materials like sewage, flood residue and aquarium water through extraction, pumping, scraping and draining.
- Surface cleaning uses professional disinfectants suited for each contaminant. Repeated cleanings ensure full decontamination.
- Structural drying equipment removes all moisture. Monitoring confirms materials are completely dry to prevent further mould outbreaks.
- Final testing verifies the area is free of mould, bacteria and other biohazards and safe for re-occupancy.
Proper Methods and Gear
Safe biohazard cleanup requires specialised methods and gear:
- Technicians wear full-body hazmat suits, respirators, gloves and foot coverings for personal safety when working in contaminated environments.
- Commercial-grade sanitisers, antimicrobials, degreasers and odour eliminators are used at proper concentrations to effectively neutralise biohazards.
- Tools like moisture meters, thermal imaging cameras, microscopes and ATP testing detect microscopic contamination missed by visual inspection alone.
- Air scrubbers with HEPA filtration remove airborne mould spores and bacteria. Ozone treatment further purifies indoor air.
Training and Certifications
We maintain rigorous training standards for our restoration technicians:
- IICRC certification in biohazard remediation requires extensive practical instruction in containment, waste disposal, structural drying, sanitising methods and safe chemical handling.
- Ongoing training covers emerging remediation technologies, new sanitising agents, advanced personal safety protocols and changes in regulations.
- Hands-on experience under veteran technicians ensures familiarity with real-world biohazard scenarios and ability to work safely in hazardous environments.
- Annual respirator fit tests, equipment operation certifications, emergency first aid courses and other training maintains up-to-date skills proficiency.
Hazards of Inadequate Remediation
Improper biohazard cleanup creates significant health dangers:
- Surface cleaning alone allows pathogens to remain in structural materials leading to lingering odours, allergen sensitisation and mould recurrence.
- Using cheap cleaning solutions without disinfecting ability fails to neutralise viruses, faecal bacteria, mould and other bio-contaminants.
- Lack of moisture control and drying breeds mould regrowth which spews spores and mycotoxins into indoor air. This causes respiratory illness and allergic reactions.
- Failure to contain affected areas spreads hazardous particulates to clean areas, exponentially increasing remediation requirements.
Our Service Advantages
As IICRC-certified specialists, we provide:
- Commercial-grade antimicrobials, sanitisers, air scrubbers and drying equipment
- Rigorous site containment protocols and personnel safety procedures
- Thermal imaging, ATP testing and lab analysis to detect all contamination
- Thorough documentation and post-remediation testing
- 5 year warranty on biohazard remediation services
Get in touch for professional biohazard restoration tailored to your residential or commercial property:
Our hazardous materials specialists can fully remediate any biohazard incident for a safer, healthier indoor environment.