Hazard Cleanup Restoration Services
Homes and businesses can face a variety of hazardous contamination from meth labs, mould, animal waste and more. Safe removal of these hazards requires specialised training, protective gear and remediation techniques beyond everyday cleaning. As certified restoration professionals, we safely remove hazardous contaminants while fully decontaminating affected structures. Our services are designed to help homeowners, property managers, real estate agents, and contractors deal with dangerous residential and commercial hazards.
Types of Hazards
Common hazards requiring professional remediation include:
- Meth labs that contaminate walls, carpets and HVAC systems with toxic chemicals used to manufacture methamphetamine. Vapours and residue linger long after.
- Used needles, drug paraphernalia and bodily fluids like blood or vomit left by drug abusers create biohazards through viruses like hepatitis and HIV.
- Animal faeces and urine, especially from hoarding situations, causes unsanitary conditions ripe for bacteria like E. coli, Salmonella and parasites to thrive. Potent allergens develop.
- Mould growth from water damage or humidity releases spores and mycotoxins that irritate lungs and trigger allergic reactions. Some moulds are toxic.
- Friable asbestos when disturbed creates airborne fibres that lodge in lungs causing asbestosis and mesothelioma. Asbestos requires specially licensed removal.
Hazard Remediation Process
Our thorough process focuses on neutralising dangers through containment, removal and decontamination:
- Site assessment detects all hazards through testing, observation and odour detection. Areas of contamination are identified.
- Site containment seals off affected areas with physical barriers and negative air pressure to prevent spread of pollutants.
- Gross removal eliminates bulk contaminants through scraping, vacuuming, pumping and other methods tailored to each hazard type.
- Multi-stage decontamination uses professional cleaners, sanitisers and disinfectants suited to each hazard for full neutralisation.
- Structural drying and dehumidification eliminates moisture allowing mould regrowth. Air scrubbing removes particulates.
- Final clearance testing verifies the area meets occupational exposure limits and is safe for re-entry without PPE.
Proper Methods and Gear
Safe hazard remediation requires specialised gear and methods:
- Technicians wear hazmat suits, respirators, gloves and foot coverings selected for each contaminant to prevent physical contact or breathing vapours.
- Commercial degreasers, encapsulants, antimicrobials and odour sealants are used at proper concentrations tailored to the specific hazards present.
- Negative air machines with HEPA and carbon filtration remove particulates down to 0.3 microns in size from the air.
- Tools like hygrometers, thermal imaging cameras and tape lifts detect contamination not visible to the naked eye.
Training and Certifications
We maintain rigorous training and certification standards:
- Technicians are IICRC-certified in meth lab cleanup, mould remediation and biohazard cleanup including bloodborne pathogens training.
- Extensive instruction in the use of PPE gear, site containment methods, disposal protocols and decontamination procedures keeps each project safe.
- Ongoing training includes DEA requirements, emerging remediation technology, new sanitising agents, and updates to regulations.
- Annual refresher courses in safe chemical handling, first aid, asbestos removal regulations and containment procedures ensures up-to-date expertise.
Dangers of Improper Remediation
Attempting do-it-yourself hazard removal poses significant health risks:
- Toxic chemical and biological contaminants can be absorbed through skin contact, ingestion or inhalation without proper PPE gear.
- Using cheap cleaning solutions fails to neutralise trace toxins left by meth production or destroy microbial hazards. This allows re-exposure.
- Inadequate structural drying and dehumidification fosters recurring mould outbreaks after initial cleaning.
- Lack of containment spreads particulates like asbestos fibres or meth residue to clean areas. This expands required remediation.
Our Hazard Removal Services
As certified professionals, we provide:
- Specially trained, IICRC-certified technicians for each hazard type
- Commercial-grade cleaning solutions and industrial decontamination equipment
- Rigorous containment procedures to prevent contamination spread
- Complete documentation for property records
Get in touch with our hazard cleanup specialists:
We offer professional remediation of dangerous contamination for your residential or commercial property.